Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A little late to the game: A to Z challenge!

This is for the A to Z challenge. I didn't make the original sign up because I'm a little slow on the uptake, a little nervous to try new things, but on of my friends encouraged me, so here we go!





A is for Avocados! 

Wait, what? Isn't this a beauty blog? 

Why, indeed it is. And now...I'm going to share with you the ultimate DIY hair and face masque that has saved me time and time again. 

It's really simple, actually. I discovered it when I was going through my fridge and needed to clear out some stuff. I remembered the beauty benefits of each of the ingredients and thought that they might work well together. And lo and behold, they did!

Mash one avocado with two to three tablespoons honey, a teaspoon of lemon juice, and two egg yolks. 

Mix together until a thick paste is formed. 

Work the mixture into your roots and scalps, then comb through the rest of your hair. If you have really bad split ends, work a little into the tips of your hair to give them a quick boost of nourishment. 

You can also use this as a purifying face mask. Simply smear all over your face, like any good mask, let sit for several minutes, and then rinse with warm water. 

It's as simple as that! 

You see, avocados (in addition to being delicious) are wonderful for your hair and skin. The fatty acids help to soften your skin and bring nourishment to the driest areas. 

Honey is a skin balancer. It is especially useful with combination skin and oily skin, as it can help to even out all of the weird areas you may have. This is important for me, because I have the absolute worst combination skin. Dry and flaky on my cheeks, oily and acne prone on my T zone. 

Lemon juice is an acid. Pretty straight forward. It works as a slight stripping agent to wash away dead skin cells and increase cell turnover rate. That's important for a fresh-faced look. 

And egg yolks, like the avocados, are nourishing and fatty, without being oily. The omegas also help to increase cell turnover rate. 

So there you have it. A little late, but better late than never! 

No comments:

Post a Comment