Monday, April 8, 2013

A to Z: G is for Goop!

SuperGoop, that is!

This is one of the samples that I got in my Birchbox but didn't necessarily feel the need to review on this blog. I mean...it's sunscreen. I go through the stuff like it's my day job.

But I needed something for G, and I figured someone out there in the ether might be interested in hearing about this brand.


This is a very fancy packet of sunscreen. The large, industrial bottle clocks in at about $50, which is way more than what I would traditionally pay for sunscreen.

To be fair, though, this is a really nice product. 

It's smooth and creamy, not greasy, but it still has that delightful sunscreen smell that everyone associates with the beach. 

The coverage seems to be pretty even, although I haven't gone out in the sun yet to test it. There are no application issues whatsoever, which is nice, since that can be a problem with a lot of "all natural" sunscreens.  I'll just be blunt here: I've gotten a lot of streaky, nasty sunburns because an "all natural, non greasy" sunscreen wasn't good enough. 

The good news? This product is good for your face! I always hate putting sunscreen on my face because it makes my skin tingle and burn unpleasantly, then it leaves me greasy and oily, and the next day I'm covered in acne from the oils. This product doesn't seem to have that effect, though. 

I don't know if that's because it's super good for you, with no parabens or oils, or if they just put more effort into Supergoop! than other brands put into their sunscreen.

Whatever the reason, if you would like to have a nice, high quality sunscreen that's good all over, this is a wonderful product. Unfortunately, I go through way too much sunscreen to spend so much money on it. I'll just stick with a normal one and a gentle one for my face. Unless I get rich, in which case, this stuff will become a household staple.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment