Monday, April 22, 2013

A to Z: S is for Soap

All natural, all the way!


I'm a HUUUUUGE fan of soap. And I'm not just saying that because it's a wonderful, cleansing product. And I'm not talking about that crappy bar stuff or, even worse, body wash. Shudder.

Ever since college, I've been a huge fan of this stuff:


Handmade, all natural soap. No SLS, no chemical perfumes, and lots of love.

Each bar is crafted by someone, out in the world, that I have met or talked to in person. Each bar smells delicious and unique and true. And I know that these soaps are the absolute best for my skin. Moisturizing bars? Got 'em. Bars that smell like a fresh cup of chai tea? In the shower now.

As far as vendors go, I've gotten soap from lots of different places. A couple of my currents bars are from conventions. A few are from Etsy. I'll include a list of all of my favorite retailers at the tail end of this post. For now, more bragging.

These soaps also last forever. I use a loofah soap holder from Walmart that cost me less than a dollar, and I can keep a bar of soap going for at least a couple of months. And because they're in a loofah, they don't grimy or gooey. They stay just as fragrant as when I purchased them. 

And what really makes me happy? The fact that I am helping folks at home run their own business, doing something they have a passion and talent for. Big box soap manufacturers don't care. They only see dollar signs. But the people that I buy soaps from love making things that make people happy. And that along makes me happy! Not to mention having a wonderful soap that feels amazing, is good for me, is great for the environment, and smells absolutely divine. 

Yay artisan crafts! Try out some homemade soap from one of the below retailers. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for reading!

Soap retailers that I use regularly:




No comments:

Post a Comment