Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April Birchbox: Number 4 Blow Dry Lotion


First and foremost, I really don’t blow dry my hair that often. Maybe once in a blue moon. I usually just let my hair dry naturally, since that seems to be what makes it happiest. Not to mention, blow drying often can really damage hair, and mine is finicky enough without assistance.

So when I received this product in my Birchbox, I was pretty ambivalent. I knew it probably wouldn’t end up being purchased simply because I have no need for a blow dry lotion.

But I used it. And reviewed it. For you guys. (You’re welcome.)



And really, I’m glad I wasn’t too excited about it. I think I might have used too much, but even on the side where my hair soaked it in fine, it wasn’t impressive. My hair wasn’t shinier or healthier looking, and it didn’t seem to make the style stick anymore than usual.

On the side where I accidentally put too much in…well…My hair was mostly dried and I had to rinse it out in the sink because it was like wearing a helmet. A sticky, oily looking helmet.

Even after rinsing it out, my hair was kind of tacky all day. It certainly made my hair stay in place, but it worked almost like the hair putty that I have for costuming.

Overall, it just wasn’t a pleasant experience. Maybe if I used it properly, but even then I don’t think I would get the results I was looking forward to. Still, it was nice to try! And it also established BeautyProtector as my  number one hair product for blow drying.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment