Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April Birchbox: Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue




Birchbox describes this perfume as follows: Top notes of Italian bergamot sourced from Calabria, Sicily work in sync with Italian green mandarin to create an amber halo. The fragrance opens to middle notes of fresh jasmine and exotic cinnamon Ceylon from Sri Lanka, while base notes of African myrrh and Indian sandalwood provide an earthy counterpoint.

Over all, I have to agree with their description. It's an earthy scent with just a breath of floral. It's grounded by a cinnamon that blends with the sandalwood to smell almost like fresh-cut cedar. It's earthy without feeling dirty, and would smell absolutely heavenly on both genders. 

As the perfume dries, it smooths out even further and the cinnamon really comes out to play, especially with the jasmine. It smells a little sweeter once completely dry, but it remains true to the original scent. Rich, earthy, and inspiring. 

I love this perfume. I have added it to my favorites to remember the name. I'm sure I'm going to be wanting a bigger bottle of this soon. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment