Saturday, April 13, 2013

A to Z: L is for Lotion

Pic heavy post ahead!


I mentioned in yesterday's post that I have a lot of lotion floating around my house/purse/car. Today, I'm going to show you a small sampling of that vast selection. Just so you can see what a hoarder I am with things that smell delicious.

This is one of the lotions that I got with that bag from Bath and Body Works. At first, I didn't like the scent, but it grew on me. It's a simple, relatively moisturizing lotion. I'll use something like this before I leave the house rather than spray on some perfume. 

This is another of the lotions from that same bag. Again, decent lotion that smells nice and girly for when I'm in the mood. 

This lotion is really close to my heart. It smells like fresh crushed roses and feels amazing. I bought it from a wonderful couple in Milledgeville that make their own lotion, soaps, perfumes, teas, jellies...well, pretty much everything, really. It's quite a drive to get this stuff now, so I treat this like gold. 

I received this as a gift ages ago and it's another one that I use sparingly. The smell can be a little cloying sometimes, but I love the currant and vanilla. I wear this when I'm feeling daring.

This is something I use after work, when my hands are incredibly dry. It tends to take a long time to soak in, but it smells like Korean banana milk, which is excellent. It is also super nourishing. 

I discovered this product at the bottom of one of my boxes from college. It's a little linty now, but still moisturizing really well. My favorite thing about it is that it's a bar. Not a cream. It doesn't leave my hands oily or greasy when I use it on my elbows or knees. 

This is my intense cuticle repair. Plain and simple. Smells yummy (I'm a sucker for lemon butter or sugar), moisturizes deep.

This is a product that I'm on the fence about. It feels great once it's soaked in (Minus the slightly tacky feeling), but it takes forever to soak in. And during that time, I can't do anything or I leave greasy streaks everywhere. I don't know what's in this product, but that's the main problem I have with it. That and the smell reminds me of living in college dorm rooms, since that's when I bought it and used it the most.

I don't even know what this is. No, really. I got it in a gift basket. There is no name of the product on the back. Just instructions and ingredients. Regardless, this is a wonderful heavy duty moisturizer that I sometimes use after I shave or have a healing scab. It doesn't burn or sting tender skin, but still does its job well.

Another heavy duty hand/cuticle cream. This stuff lasts forever. 

A friend of mine gave me this because it made her break out. I absolutely adore it. I carry it in my purse and generally put it on as often as possible. Smells amazing, works wonders, and has the price tag to show for it. 

This...this I stole from a hotel. It's typical Aveda: delicate moisture that works hard. 

And this, by far, is the most expensive moisturizer I own. And it's probably one of the few beauty products I own that didn't give me buyer's remorse. The manager of my local Van Michael Salon had me try this right around Christmas time. I am absolutely nuts about the smell. Clove and ginger are two of my favorite things in the whole wide world, and this combines them into the best soy moisturizer ever. I use this candle as a treat when I've done good or had a rough day or feel like I deserve to be pampered. Not to mention it makes me feel dangerous to reach in next to a flame to get my lotion. 

And there you have it. That's probably about half of the lotion I own. I told you I'm a hoarder. 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I buy up so many lotions... but never use them.

    -Fellow blogger from A to Z!

    ReplyDelete