Saturday, May 11, 2013

Review:Primavera Chamomile Calming Toning Lotion



**This product was provided to me by a representative of the company. I am reviewing without being asked. My review is not influenced in any way.**

As you may know, I don’t really use a toner. I’ve never found one that I liked. They all leave my skin feeling tight and with a lasting burning sensation. It’s always been unpleasant for me. I know the uses for a toner: extra cleansing, skin healing, etc. But for years I went without because I absolutely could not find one that didn’t make me want to scratch at my face from the tingling.



This sample, by the German brand Primavera, has put a stop to that. I was nervous about using it because of my prior experience with toners. But I figured that with chamomile in it, it couldn’t possibly be that bad.

And I was right! This is actually a really nice product. It is definitely thicker than most of the toners that I’ve tried. It’s smooth and almost gel like. Or serum like. A bit of both, really.

The fragrance, like the cream cleanser I reviewed previously, is soft and woodsy. Very natural and fresh.

After application, I felt a slight tightening in my skin. But other than that, it was nice. The cotton ball I used to apply it came away with a good bit of dirt and dead skin. Mildly horrifying, but at the same time satisfying. My skin felt super clean.

The best part is that it didn’t burn or sting at all. It tingled for all of a few seconds, but after that, nothing. My skin just felt healthy and glowing and soft.

For someone like me, who has never found a good toner, this is an awesome little miracle. I can’t wait to try the rest of the products!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great product! I have super sensitive skin, so any product that doesn't irritate it is good.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete