Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review: e.l.f. Tone Correcting Concealer

I bought this little tube on one of my “I have a new job” makeup binges. I figured that it was a dollar, and I was willing to put my concerns about finding a perfect shade aside for that price.

I’m pretty glad I invested in this product!

 
At a dollar, the tube is relatively small and it’s not filled with a lot of product. But that’s perfectly fine, because I don’t need much to cover up my under-eye circles and blemishes. A little, for this concealer, goes a very long way.


This was one of the lightest colors available at my Target and it’s still a tad on the dark side. To be fair, though, pretty much everything is do dark on my skin. Once blended, it’s pretty seamless, but I could probably drop a shade or two.

This is a nice concealer for the price, though. It has pretty decent coverage. It won’t cover up my freckles, so it’s not as heavy duty as I know some people like, but it can help even skin tone and make your skin look even more flawless. It’s good at reducing the appearance of blemishes and dark circles. And really, that’s only what I use it for. The dark circles, especially.

It’s a little on the thick side, formula wise, despite the light coverage. You can definitely feel that it’s there for about half an hour after application. After that, the sensation fades, and it’s just like normal skin.

This also does well with a tiny bit of foundation on top and a touch of powder to help mattify it.
Other than that, for a dollar, it really can’t be beat.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment