Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review: Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede in WomensWear

Isn't that a weird name for a lipstick? WomensWear?

Regardless, the product was given to me by a wonderful redditor when she discovered that I didn't own any lipsticks.





First and foremost, this isn't a color I would have picked for myself off the bat. I never know what colors are going to look good on me, hence the lack of lipsticks. But this color is super flattering. Bright and pretty and begging to be worn all spring and summer.

It also goes on crazy smooth! I was worried, when using a lipstick with suede in the name, that it would be drying. Or that it would be matte. That is not the case with this formula. It's buttery smooth and relatively hydrating. It doesn't make my lips sticky, like some of the lipsticks I've tried in the past.

The pigmentation is also pretty stellar. I know they're not supposed to be super intense, but closer to the sheer side. And they do the sheer-ish nicely. It covered everything in a delicate, shiny pink that lasted for a good long time before finally wearing off into a tinted pink hue. I would say it lasted about 2 hours on me, which is nice considering I have a bad habit of licking my lips.

I can totally see these replacing some of my lip balms, especially when I am at work and want something with more pop than just some good ol' Burt's Bees. It also makes me super eager to try the Revlon Lip Butters, since those are supposed to be also awesome.

I'll be swatching more lipsticks provided to me in the days to come, so keep an eye out! You know it's always fun watching a newbie apply a bright, rich red.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment