Thursday, May 16, 2013

May Birchbox 2013: COOLA Classic Face SPF 30


I’m getting kind of tired of sunscreens. I know, I know. They’re wonderful and necessary. But I feel like that’s all I’ve been hearing from Birchbox for a while. And I’ve gotten so many sunscreen samples that I’m feeling a little burned out. Summer in the South or no, it’s getting a little tiresome.

So when I saw this in my Birchbox, I wasn’t necessarily thrilled. Another sunscreen? Yippee. End sarcasm.



However, this product is pretty nice. Yes, I said it. Even me, sunscreen burn out, likes it.

It smells really yummy. Like fresh, fruity bubblegum. A little on the sweet side, but summery and refreshing.

The formula is thin. Not runny, but not goopy. A nice change from most sunscreens. It spreads out evenly and soaks in uniformly. There is no greasy residue or oily sheen after application. Just supple skin protected from the elements.

In fact, I could see myself using this as a straight up moisturizer. SPF, refreshing, light, and moisturizing? I think yes.

As far as sun protection goes, I’m going to err on the side of caution and go with the FDA. If it says SPF 30, then SPF 30 it is. I would just recommend reapplication relatively often. Your face is the most vulnerable spot for sun damage and is where most of that long term damage will show up in the form of lines, wrinkles, and sun spots.

So apply this product (or something like it) often. Me? I’m going to go ahead and invest in this product. It doesn’t make me break out and does all that it’s supposed to. I can’t be unhappy about that!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment