Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May Birchbox 2013: Marvis Toothpaste


Now, this brand has been touted as being one of the best of the best. Great, interesting flavors. High price tag. Imported.



It seemed like I would like it. And as a standard toothpaste, I do. But it’s the price and the label that I have problems with.

Because in the end, this is just a toothpaste. It doesn’t have any magical abilities. No whitening other than what’s standard. No all natural ingredients. Just…toothpaste. And for the cost of a tube (around $11), I would expect more.

And what’s even worse is that it has SLS in it. You guys know my feelings about SLS. Especially when it comes into contact with your mucous membranes. Like, you know, your mouth. And I’m really disappointed that such fancy toothpaste has such negative ingredients in it. For the price tag, I would expect something that is at least all natural.

Imported or not, this is definitely not going to be a full size purchase. I can, instead, get fancy flavors without the sulfates from Lush. Their Toothy Tabs are delicious and fun, and although it has Sodium Lauryl Sarcosinate, that isn’t as bad as sulfates. Still not perfect, but certain better than this.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment