Sunday, May 19, 2013

May Birchbox 2013: Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner


I’m still getting used to eyeliner. Let’s just be honest. I still have trouble drawing a straight line and sometimes I still look like a scene girl with coon eyes. It’s rough. But I’m learning, and learning means trying different products.

Thus far, I’ve only been working with the Eyeko mini eyeliner I reviewed previously for another Birchbox. So when I saw this in my box, I was excited. I wanted a color other than black, but you take what you get, right?



This stuff applies like butter. Seriously. So smooth and soft and….buttery. It doesn’t tug at my eyelid at all and it makes a nice even coat on one pass.

The pigmentation with this black is super rich. Very thick and heavy, but smudgeable for a little while before it settles down.

This product is also great for tight lining, which I only recently learned to do. Because it’s so gentle, it doesn’t hurt when I push it into my eyelashes to cover up the gap between my lashes and eyeliner.

My one complaint? I can’t make a skinny line. I feel like this is made for pretty wide, smoky styles. Definitely not a day look. Maybe in the hands of someone more talented than I. But I doubt it. It just seems to go on a little thick, and with the soft consistency, getting a thin, delicate line is a challenge.

I could probably wear this for a smoky night out. But overall, I’ll stick to using it for tight lining.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment