Thursday, July 11, 2013

Review: Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple and Juicy Papaya

I’ve been hearing about Lip Butters for a while now. Supposedly, they’re rich colors AND hydration. The best of both worlds! A lot of brands have been coming out with their own versions, like Baby Lips and Burt’s Bees. But in the end, I went with Revlon.

Why? Their color selection was much better than any other brand I’ve seen thus far. They may all be along the lines of pinks and reds, but I would rather have that than have to choose between one pink and one purple. Baby Lips, I’m lookin’ at you!

When I dropped by my local Target to pick up some goodies, I saw these bad boys and couldn’t turn them down. I went from zero lipsticks to 7 within a week. When you want it, you want it.






 First up is Candy Apple, an appropriately named…candy apple red. It’s rich and bright and sexy, which is awesome. It’s pretty pigmented for a balm, although it’s still technically on the sheerer side.






Then I grabbed Juicy Papaya, which is a smooth, barely there peach shade. It’s very natural looking on my skin tone. It looks like I just have healthy, beautiful lips. This picture makes it a touch more orangey than it actually is. 

Both shades are extremely flattering.

The hydration is amazing, though. The softness of this product easily rivals some of my most expensive lip balms, like Savannah Bee Company and Burt’s Bees. The hydration easily lasts several hours without reapplication, as well. I was super impressed. Normally, I have the urge to reapply every hour or so. But with this, I could rub my lips together frequently and still feel the slip and slide that the Revlon was still working.

I did have a slight issue with the pigment working its way into some nooks and crannies of my lips at first, but that went away after several minutes, once the softening began. Then it smoothed out.

I’m so happy with this product. It is easily worth more than the drug store price tag, and I just know that I will be buying them again and again. Not to mention these have turned into my go-to lip color. A swipe in the morning, one after lunch, and I'm good for the day. Super simple for when I'm on the clock!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment