Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Beach Beauty Packing List

Apologies for the radio silence as of late. I have recently gotten back from a delightful, five day vacation at that beach. It was desperately needed. And now I'm back! For starters, I'm going to tell you guys what got my hair and skin through those days in the sun, sand, and surf.

First off, sunscreen! I like to go with Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock. It's non-greasy, barely fragranced, and does its job very well. It's good for face and body, and doesn't make me feel like a slimy little eel when I jump into the ocean or pool. So far, it's the best sunscreen I've found. I go through it really rapidly, and that is one downside because it's a little pricey as far as sunscreen goes. But in my opinion, it's worth every penny.

As far as my hair goes, I have quite the routine. I have to work hard to keep my hair from turning into bright blonde straw in the sunlight. It's one of the curses of being a redhead. Before I go out in the sun, I use my Beauty Protect Spray from my one of my old Birchboxes. It keeps my hair from getting terribly damaged by all of the UV rays and keeps the ocean from tangling it up too terribly much.

When I get home from the shore, I like to use Dove's Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. I started using these for my vacations ages ago because it helps heal my hair after being out in the sun for so long. This is also one of the few times where I use conditioner every day. My hair needs the extra moisture.

I finish up with Macadamia Oil (also from a Birchbox) to help my hair dry faster, heal the damage, and keep it soft and smelling like summer. It really ties everything else together, which is awesome.

For my face, I use Simple's Refreshing Face Cleanser. It's really gentle on my skin, which is nice when I've been out in the sun and my skin feels burnt and tingly. It doesn't exfoliate, because I don't need it with all of  the wind and sun working their number on my face. It's just a way to gently remove all of the sunscreen that I've caked on throughout the day.

Combine all of this with a metric ton of aloe with lidocaine, and you have a happy redhead.

Thanks for reading! And look out for more frequent updates in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment