Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May Birchbox 2013: Amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask

I’m a huge fan of hair masks. I feel like they’re great for when I have a day off and want to make myself feel awesome. I’ll thrown on a face mask, a hair mask, and watch some Lost Girl. Maybe wash my makeup brushes or something like that while I’m relaxing.
                                 
Not to mention, most of the hair masks I’ve tried lately have been awesome. There were some duds, but the macadamia oil mask? Glorious. I’m still using that sample of macadamia oil treatment and it always makes my hair look like I just stepped away from a photoshoot.

So when I saw a hair mask in my box, I was super excited. I was already planning a spa day at home!

In the end, though, this mask was kind of a let down.



I felt like it was just a hyped up conditioner. I didn’t notice as much of a difference with this as I did with my other masks.

Sure, it made my hair soft and smooth, but no more so than the Suave Naturals that I have sitting in my shower. It smelled nice, but that smell didn’t last long at all.

About the only good thing about this product was the adorable packaging.

I honestly don’t think I could shell out so much money for this product when I can just buy a super high quality conditioner that does the same thing.

It’s a shame, but I think this Birchbox was my biggest let down thus far. The Coola sunscreen was good, the Sumita eyeliner was decent. The Runa tea (which isn’t getting its own dedicated post) was delicious and pumped me up. But the Marvis toothpaste and the Amika mask were both a little on the underwhelming side. Hopefully my next box will be better.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment