Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June Birchbox 2013: Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo

I already have the Serge Normant dry shampoo, and while I like it, I don't usually very often. I shower every other day, and that's rarely much of a hassle. Usually, I time my showers around my work schedule. So in the even when I open and in the morning when I close.

However, every now and then, I don't want to shower. Today? I'm heading to the river park and didn't want to shower only to slather on sunscreen. And then shower again when I get home.

It was the perfect opportunity to test out this product by Klorane that I received in my Birchbox.


Overall, this is a decent product. 

The spray is really intense, so when I first used it, there was white everywhere that I couldn't get rid of. However, if you hold really far away from your head, it is a little better. The white powder brushes out easily enough. 

This isn't as volumizing as the Serge Normant one, and the fragrance really isn't as great. This smells more like clean. Just that. Nothing really noticeable. Just clean, fresh air. 

It required a little more product to dry out the oils in my hair, but it did work. 

As far as the "gentle" goes....well, I don't know what they mean by that. Isn't going to harm my hair? Well, neither has any other dry shampoo I've ever tried. Albeit, I haven't cornered the market on them, but still. It did seem to make my hair a little bit softer and a good bit less greasy.

In those aspects, this product is a decent dry shampoo. I still prefer Serge Normant's because it requires less product, has a good fragrance, and doesn't have an intense spray that makes me feel like I'm in the midst of a tornado. Still good, though. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment