Monday, March 25, 2013

Miracle Finds Under Five Dollars

You remember when I said that sometimes buying cheap is the best option? Because it lets you test out a product and maybe get lucky?

This is the story of the best $5 I've ever spent on a nail product.

You see, I used to be a huge fan of Seche Vite. Everyone recommended it. It was expensive, but supposedly worth it. And, in fact, it was.

For a time.

But as you may have heard or experienced, after a couple of months, Seche Vite has a habit of getting gummy. And not just a little thick and gloopy. Oh no. It gets thick enough to drag wet polish around and off the nail. If you use a bottle of Seche Vite a month, then fine. This wouldn't be a big deal. But I don't know anyone who paints their nails that often, even for swatching.

In the end, I was severely disappointed by this "miracle" product because, for me, it wasn't worth its money. I paid $8 for it and only made it through half a bottle before it became too gluey to use.

Enter a necessary Walmart run.

While waiting for my prescriptions, I perused the beauty section like I always do. At this point, my nails were naked because I had no top coat. Suddenly, I saw a big, round bottle looking up at me from the bottom shelf. I don't know why it caught my eye, other than its sheer size, but I'm so glad I picked it up.


The price? $4.99. The effect? Awesome.

Now, don't get me wrong, this doesn't dry as fast as Seche Vite. But within five minutes, my nails are dry to the touch. No smudges, no pooling, no gumminess. And look at the size of that bottle! 

I've already had this product for two months and there have been no negatives. And the best part? I don't feel bad adding two or three coats of this because it was so cheap! 

All in all, this is definitely tiding me over until I can afford the Deborah Lippman Gel Lab. And for $5, it's something great to have in your arsenal if you're planning on swatching at all. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment