Monday, March 11, 2013

March Birchbox - Benetint

Yay! It's Birchbox day!

My box is pretty amazing this month, and I'm super excited to try everything in it.

First, though, is this wonderful piece of amazing:



I had been hoping that I would get Benetint in my Birchbox, and I squealed when I saw it nestled in amongst everything else!

This is the lip and cheek stain that I have been lusting after for like...ever. Seriously. This stuff is supposed to be utterly amazing. And I'm going to tell you now that it doesn't disappoint.

The brush is pretty nice. Just kinda standard for a high quality lip stain. This is nice and firm, though, which is great. And it's a lot better than the marker-like applicator that a lot of lip stains use.

And this, ladies and gents, is the awesomeness (with a coat of beeswax lip balm on top). Now, I'm super pale, and my lips kinda match that. Not bad, eh?

Here's the best part: It doesn't sink into the cracks in my lips!! Normally, with lip stains, I have this terrible problem where it looks like I'm bleeding profusely from my cracked lips. Chapstick doesn't help, balms don't help, scrubs only help minimally. I'm still searching for something that will cure my horrible lips. And with stain, balm or no balm, they just...look bad. 

This stuff, though, doesn't seem to do that as much as all of the others. Maybe it's the ingredients, the way it soaks in, the better color. Whatever it is, it makes me very, very happy. 

Note: It could do with some balm or chapstick on top. It doesn't moisten your lips (it's not supposed to, really), so mine were a little dry after application. But that's an easy problem to solve. 

Also, I've been wearing this for almost an hour now, and there is no fading, no cracking, no peeling. Just nice, subtle color. I know that this is really buildable, but the great news is that the picture is with just one tiny, itty bitty bit. Isn't that amazing! 

I know for a fact that this going to be a full size purchase. Because it is already worth every penny. 

Thanks for reading, and I'll have more goodies to post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment