Saturday, February 9, 2013

Birchbox February 2013 - Juicy Couture

Juicy Couture Perfume - Couture La La

Birchbox describes this scent as "a stunning mix of mandarin, red currant, lily, and orange blossom." And you know what? It is stunning.



Ok, as you guys have probably noticed, I’m super picky when it comes to perfume. My skin is finicky, for starters. It amps certain notes and then completely masks others. So I’m always a little hesitant when I try “mass market” perfumes. Especially this one. I saw all of the floral notes and was worried that I would smell like baby powder (which is how floral and I usually end up together).

But this perfume…this is a real winner. Even with my weird body chemistry, it smells fabulous. Mellow and sweet and subtle, with a touch of something that seems a little like amber and vanilla had a love child. A really great lovechild.

The smell is not cloying. It is delicate and feminine, which is exactly what the description on the package proclaims.

Props to Juicy Couture for making a mass market perfume that doesn’t make me want to run for the hills. In fact, I could see myself running out of the sample and buying a full bottle.

This is a great scent for spring. And oh man, Valentine’s Day. Perfect for Valentine’s Day.

It is womanly without being over the top, and young without being childish. Romantic. Sweet. Sexy. I'm absolutely impressed. 

Hooray for delightful scents!


No comments:

Post a Comment