Sunday, November 17, 2013

Review: Vaseline Lip Therapy

So, this was one of those impulse buys as I was walking AWAY from the makeup section of Target. I saw a sign with a price I couldn't resist ($1.99, for those who are curious) and I felt the pull of gravity.

Before I knew it, I was walking out of the door with this little godsend:


Y'see, I always knew about how awesome Vaseline is for lips. You put on a little at night, wake up in the morning, and voila! All of your lip woes are solved.

There's just one problem. I bite my lips. A lot. My lips are usually scabbed or bleeding or in pain, and that's if they're not just cracked into oblivion. And I can't put Vaseline on my war-torn lips because I'll bite them, or lick them, and Vaseline tastes like awful. And desperation. And awful.

This stuff is so much better! It's similar to the Rose Salve that you can buy, only with a less hefty price tag. Petroleum based, rose scented, and vaguely rose flavored. But the key part? It doesn't taste like death and chemicals!

Vaseline hit the nail on the head with this product. It keeps my lips soft all day long without much assistance from that awesome Chapstick I got in my last Birchbox.

As far as the pink goes, it's a little unipmressive. I notice the slightest hint of sheer pink on my lips after application, but it's nothing to write home about. In fact, most people won't even notice it at all. But instead of using this for any sort of color, it's going to become my companion at work and before bed to make sure my lips don't suffer this winter.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment