Monday, August 5, 2013

Review: Coastal Scents Go Palettes

Alright, everyone. I have a new makeup love affair. And it’s the brand Coastal Scents.

I heard about this brand through Eat Your Kimchi, a blog I’ve been following for years about Korea. Martina swears by Coastal Scents, so it’s always been in the back of my mind.

Well, recently I discovered that their products are for sale on Amazon….and they’re super affordable. Especially the ultra portable Go Palettes, each themed after a country. So I was gifted one palette (Cairo) and bought another (Sydney).

And it really is true love. Deep, passionate, heart wrenching love. The love where you hate being apart from the object of your affections.

These palettes are stunning. The colors are rich and dramatic, each one heavily pigmented. They are complimentary and beautiful, unique and yet still harmonizing.


 Cairo is a neutral palette with deep purples, luxurious tans, and earth tones. There are mattes, satins, and shimmers in this palette, so it is exceptionally versatile.


Sydney is a palette of bright pinks, yellows, greens, and blues. These are the happiest of colors, perfect for a warm summer. Again, there are mattes, satins, and shimmers. And again, the pigments are intense without the need for anything extra.

This brand is standing out because the colors are high quality without being expensive.

My only complaint is the lasting time. Even with primer, I got about 6 hours of wear before I noticed some creasing. But still…six hours with no need for reapplication? That’s still pretty amazing. Especially with the richness of these colors. I’ve also noticed that they last longer if I’m careful about touching my eyes. Duh moment, I know, but I have contacts, so I’m always rubbing at my eyes through the day.

Overall, this is a brand I’m going to be coming back to again and again. In fact, I’m longing for the Ultimate Palette with a whopping 252 colors. Soon….Very soon….


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment