Monday, June 3, 2013

Review: e.l.f. 2-in-1 Eye Primer and Liner Sealer

This is one of the products I picked up on my congratulatory makeup binges.






I already have a primer that came with one of my eye shadow palettes, but I figured that having a dedicated primer couldn’t be a bad idea. I picked up this, the lightest shade available at my Target. Needless to say, my Target was pretty wiped out of e.l.f. products.

However, despite the shade disparity, this is a pretty decent eye primer. It feels pretty thick and stays on for ages. In fact, removing it is a bit of a hassle.

It has completely solved the issues of staying power with my eyeshadows. I can apply an eyeshadow over this and it will stay put for 12 hours. No creasing, no fading, nothing. Just great color that lasts and lasts. No complaints on that end!

Application is a bit…difficult. The consistency is decent, but a little waxy. It makes putting it on just this side of painful. It’s also a little tough to got uniform coverage. Because really, it all depends on how hard you press where. It can also be a bit painful to rub this all over your eyeball.

I discovered that the best way to apply this was to basically outline my eye. Then, I do a line along the crease. Then I blend it all in with my fingertips. That way, I get smooth coverage and it’s not so thick that it feels sticky.

You could also use a sponge eyeshadow applicator to apply this, which is how I apply my other primer.

Overall, this isn’t a terrible product. It does its job to a tee. It’s just the application that makes this a pain. But for the price of $6, I’m super satisfied..


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment