Sunday, January 13, 2013

Birchbox January 2013 - pūr~lisse pūr~moist


hydra-balance moisturizer
Alright, now this is something could be dangerous to my budget.
Upon opening, I immediately loved that it wasn’t really scented. Why, you ask? But Jessica, you love scented lotions! Yes. Yes, I do love scented lotions. But when I’m planning on wearing a face moisturizer to bed, I don’t want it perfumed. That’s bound to give me an instant headache and set me up for a long night of little sleep.
Instead, this smelled pleasant and clean and just like it should when all of its ingredients are super awesome natural powerhouses for hydration.
At first, I thought I had to use a lot of the moisturizer for it to soak into my skin well enough that I felt confident in the product. I later found out that I was supposed to apply a nickel sized amount (which is how much they say on Birchbox), rather than the dime sized amount I usually need with other formulas.
It soaked in really quickly, which was excellent, and didn’t make my skin feel greasy or slimy in any way. But when I woke up in the morning, my skin was so wonderfully soft. I really wish you guys could feel my face through the computer screen. I rarely feel my skin this nourished, especially during the winter.
I am absolutely going to be buying this for night time use, since I already have a day moisturizer that I adore.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment