Sunday, January 13, 2013

Birchbox January 2013 - Harvey Prince Skinny Chic


Let’s start off with something simple, shall we? 
I’m a huge fan of Birchbox. I mean a HUGE fan. It’s really assisting my foray into the world of makeup and skincare and everything in between. If you’re lost in this world, you should absolutely subscribe. 
By far, Box day is my favorite day of the month. It’s like Christmas and Spa day all rolled into one. I know that I’m bound to find some favorites the ladies in New York know what they’re doing. 
In fact, I would love to work for them. Birchbox, if you’re listening, HIRE ME! ;) 
Now, on to the review. 
The first thing I am going to talk about is going to the perfume sample that I got in my Birchbox. It’s by a brand called Harvey Prince, which at first I knew nothing about. After reading the blurb on Birchbox.com, however, now I’m really excited to recommend this “company” to my friends. 
Here’s my thoughts on the perfume.
image
image
image
Harvey Prince – Skinny Chic perfume
Birchbox description: The dominant note of crisp green apple is tempered by marine mint and lovely lotus blossom. In the background, notes of grapefruit, bergamot, fennel, white cedarwood, amber, and iris mix and mingle.
Overall, this scent is exactly what it says on the label. It’s a light, delicate, young fragrance. The apple is there, but I especially smell the lotus and marine notes. Not exactly up my alley, since I usually go heavy on the foodie scents (and I generally use oil based perfumes), but this is still a really great scent. I can definitely see myself wearing this during the spring.
This fragrance does wear close to the skin, so if you’re looking for a lot of sillage, it might not be for you. I also didn’t get super long power out of it. It faded relatively quickly, but then again, my skin tends to eat floral notes faster than others. I would say this would be great sprayed into hair after a workout if you’re looking for more length. I don’t think it would weigh it down at all. More throw would also be an effect of putting it in clean hair. 
Also, as the perfume wears, the amber really comes out to play. What starts as a bright, sharp hit of floral and fruit mellows into something great for day time. It’s a simple smell that my skin and preferences just didn’t like, except for the rare spring day. But it is not by any means a bad perfume. I’m thinking about giving this one to my sister-in-law, since it suits her 15 year old sensibilities more than mine. 
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment