Wednesday, September 11, 2013

August Birchbox 2013: uniqONE All In One Hair Treatment

This is a product genre that I'm starting to get tired of. 

Just for reference, I usually don't mess with my hair. I let it air dry. I don't blow dry it. I don't add any product. I just let it do its thing so I don't end up looking like a disaster. 

So when I saw ANOTHER hair treatment in my box, I sighed a little. Another product to cramp up my counter until I give it to my best friend. Figures.

Aaaaand another BB picture because of camera issues.


Over all, though, this isn't a bad product. 

It smells alright, but the smell fades quickly. I'm fine with that. I don't necessarily want to catch huge whiffs of floral smell all day. It was just pleasant enough that I didn't mind using it. Sweet, but not girly. Fragrant, but not overpowering. 

This was also very easy to apply. Unlike some issues I've encountered with similar bottles, this created a fine, even mist that didn't leave clumps of shine in my hair. It combed out easily and thoroughly, leaving every hair protected.

The hair treatment also left my hair feeling soft and silky, as promised. My hair didn't dry out when I hit it with my blow dryer. It stayed shiny and soft all day. However, once I stepped outside, the Southern humidity took its toll and I had frizzies like you wouldn't believe. 

In the end, this isn't a terrible product. It's just not one I'm going to use. I don't style my hair enough to use something like this every day. 

Time to shuck it off on a friend!

Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment