Monday, August 5, 2013

Birchbox July 2013 Uber Review

Since July was crazy for me (and August is looking to be crazier), I figured I would save myself some time and review my entire BirchBox at once. Hopefully this won't become too much of an occurrence. I like to pace things out and get the full scope of a product. July's, however, is going to be one of those wam-bam deals. So buckle up, kiddos, it's gonna be fast.


These bobby pins...what can I say about them? They're bobby pins. I only wish they weren't so straight, since they tend to stick up on my head. They're also insanely difficult to get on there just right without bending them out of shape. They're cute, though, and decent for certain occasions. 


This blush, however, is awesome! It's become my new, go-to color. It's bright and fresh without being obvious. It lasts forever, even in the middle of summer. In fact, I wore this for a 13 hour workday and it stayed put then and for drinks afterward. It's a nice, peachy color that looks amazing with my complexion. This is going to be a full size purchase from the Birchbox store.



Benefit's It's Potent eye cream was kind of a let down. I was expecting something that would drastically reduce my under eye bruising and sagging. And it helped. A little. But even after two weeks of use, there wasn't a significant difference. Not significant enough for the price tag, anyways. Maybe it works better on people who aren't always on the go, but it was still a bit disappointing. However, it is moisturizing and feels nice on the skin while it soaks in.


Another let down this month. No. 4, a brand I generally really like, missed it with this one. The product does sort of detangle, but not as well as the Beauty Protector I got in my box a while back. It smells like fake flowers, like they were trying too hard to smell fresh. It also doesn't make my hair nearly as flawless as many of the other (cheaper) products I've used. 


This product made me change my preferences on my Birchbox profile. Why, you ask? Because the past several boxes I have gotten tons of acne centric product. And that's a shame. I put acne as a skin concern because I get occasional zits and blemishes. I wasn't expecting to have nothing but those products for at least three months in a row. 
However, this product is great. It does exactly what it's supposed to do by controlling a blemish and reigning it in. Less redness, less pain, less icky. I've found that it's awesome for my husband's severe acne (which is great). I've only used it a couple of times, but it's well worth the price tag. For someone who actually has an issue with acne. 

Overall, this box wasn't as wowing as the rest have been. It tried, but it missed the mark on more than a couple of items. I'm hoping my boxes get better from here, now that I've tweaked my profile a bit more. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment