Thursday, August 22, 2013

August BirchBox: (MALIN+GOETZ) Vitamin E Face Moisturizer

First off, sorry for the lack of updates. I've moved recently, and it's been a little hectic. Luckily, I'm pretty much settled now, so this should be more consistent. And more detailed. As I write this, I am sitting at my desk basking in the joy of overhead lighting. Wide windows let in tons of sunlight. I have an entire breakfast nook just for blogging purposes! It's glorious, and I can't wait to get more writing done. You guys can expect lots of things in the future. So keep an eye out!

-----

This is one of the first things that I tested once I got my August Birchbox. I love Vitamin E, and I'm always looking for ways to work it into my skin care routine.


This moisturizer is honestly leaving me on the fence, though. 

It certainly does its job, don't get me wrong. It is soft and gentle, leaving my skin feeling supple for the entire day. It goes on easy, absorbing quickly into the skin without leaving any trace of greasy residue. 

One thing that should also be noted is that it didn't make my face oily later in the day. And that's saying something, since I live in the Southern US and it's August. For those of you who don't know, that means it's an average of 80 degrees Fahrenheit every day with a humidity of close to 100%. Having a moisturizer that doesn't make me oily or acne prone is a boon. 

The only thing that I don't like about this particular cream is that it smells. Really strongly. And, honestly, it smells a bit like a chemical factory. I think it's supposed to be fragrance free, but as such it smells like I just walked out of a plastic factory. 

This is really unfortunate, because I feel like (MALIN+GOETZ) really hit the nail on the head as far as moisture goes. I just don't think I could stand to smell this every day. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment